Lost In The Night

Some seasons in my life feel like prolonged darkness...or nighttime. Pain filled, tear filled, lonely, angry, the list could go on. I feel like I get lost in the night, and I don't know where to go. Basically, I can't find a way out because I'm too stubborn to let the Light in.

When seasons like that come my way, I don't know what to do. Like I said in my March 1st post, I had a bad week last week. It was definitely a week of "nighttime". I stumbled upon a verse that I'm determined to write on my heart to keep me from such long, cold nights again. Psalms 30:5, "For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."

Sure, nights may come. Darkness may engulf. But I'm not going to get lost in the night anymore. I don't want to refuse the Light to bring morning. Being lost in the night is a terrible place to be. So often we become comfortable with the night's darkness and pain and suffering that we fear if we let the sun rise again we won't know what to do. But I'd rather endure the night as quickly as possible and know that soon the night will be over.

My night is over, my sun will rise again, my tears will dry away, my heart will stop weeping. God's joy will be my strength, even in my sorrow. And like Psalm 30:11 states ("You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness"), I'll dance with the sunrise.

Again, I'm challenging you to believe God, even in your darkness. Because the Son has risen, therefore the night is over! Trust Him, it's worth it.

Rejoicing in the morning,
Daddy's Girl

2 thoughts from others:

Darilyn Edmison said...

Jordan, I commend you for your blog. I see you have said that there are pros and cons to being a Christian teen. I pray you will know that the Pro of the abundant Life in Christ far, far outweighs any of the light and momentary troubles that "being Christian" might entail.
Keep blogging, Jordan -- all is a blessing to Him.
Darilyn Lemky
www.triedandtrueministries.blogspot.com

Generation Y said...

Thanks so much, the encouragement means a lot to me. God's doing awesome things, and as Mother Teresa stated, I'm just the pen in the hand of the Writer.

Post a Comment