Paralyzed

"She tried to run, but her feet wouldn't respond. She tried to scream, but her throat had closed. She tried to cry, but her emotions had frozen with everything else. She tried to close her eyes, but even her eyelids were affected by this fear induced paralysis."

Fear paralyzes. When I have nightmares, I always try to scream or run in my dreams, but I can never move. Sometimes at night, while I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I'll hear a noise outside my window (which turns out to be a branch, nothing serious at all) and all my movement will stop because I'm totally afraid. When people speak on stage, they can occasionally get stage fright and lose everything they were going to say. Fear does that to people, it causes us to throw on the brakes and become unresponsive. Satan sure loves unresponsive, idle Christians.

It says right there in the Bible that God DOESN'T give us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind. Being a Christian, especially a Christian teen with our whole life in front of us, can be terrifying. With a future brighter than the sun, because of the choices we're making, God can use us in great and mighty ways. Satan can't stand that. So he uses his greatest (and oldest) weapon, fear, to stop us. To cause us to become unmoving.

When you look at the 'armour' God gave us, which we should be putting on every day, I've heard a few pastors say, "When you understand each piece of protection the Bible talks about, you'll notice that they only cover the front, because we are not supposed to run. Running exposes the unprotected flesh, and that's when you'll go down." That's so true. We're MORE THAN CONQUERORS, and we were not made to chicken out. When you've done all, the Bible says to STAND, not run in fear. Last night at a church service I went to, the preacher said, "When fear tells you to to turn and run, go forward instead. When fear says to not go through that door, kick the door down." Whatever fear tells us to do, do the opposite. Because God didn't give us that spirit, so why would we listen to it?

This generation is going to do great and mighty things for God. We're going to kick down more doors and go much further ahead if we don't let fear paralyze us. Courage is a huge part of that. Ronald Reagan put it best when he said,
"A hero may not be braver than anyone else. He's just braver five minutes
longer."
Sure, your knees may be knocking. But stand tall, keep standing, know that God's right there, and press on. I refuse to participate in stagnancy. I refuse to be dormant. I refuse to be paralyzed by fear. Because then I've given Satan the victory. We're the victors in the end, God called the end from the beginning, I know we win, so I'm choosing now to walk out that victory from day to day.


1 John 4:16-18, "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."

Isaiah 5:4, "Say to those who are fearful-hearted, 'Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you.'"

Fearless because of He who is in me,
Daddy's Girl

0 thoughts from others:

Post a Comment